- As needed
- Town Hall Conference Room
- Tarinna Olley, Chair
- Kimberly Banks
- Chandra Mouli
- Wesley E Hughes, Jr., Alternate
Kelly Phipps, Interim Director of Legislative Services
20-4 - Ethics commission.
- There is a Town of La Plata Ethics Commission that consists of three regular members appointed by the Town Council. The Town Council may appoint an alternate member of the Commission to act at any time that a regular member is unable or unavailable to act. All members of the Commission shall be residents of the town when they are appointed and during their term of office.
- Commission members serve terms of three years, except that the terms of the initial members of the Commission shall be one, two and three years, respectively. The terms of the initial members of the Commission shall be staggered so that the term of one member expires each year. The Town Council shall appoint an individual to fill a vacancy on the commission to serve for the remainder of the term for which the vacancy was filled.
- The Commission shall:
- Devise, receive and maintain all forms required by this chapter;
- Develop procedures and policies for advisory opinion requests and provide published advisory opinions to persons subject to this chapter regarding the applicability of the provisions of this chapter to them;
- Develop procedures and policies for the processing of complaints to make appropriate determinations regarding complaints filed by any person alleging violations of this chapter; and
- Conduct a public information program regarding the purposes and application of this chapter.
If you are interested in serving on a board, committee, or commission, please apply online and contact the Mayor or any member of the Council.
- Maryland State Ethics Commission: Information on the Public Ethics Law
- Maryland Financial Disclosures: Submit financial disclosure statements, access State Ethics training, or view financial disclosure statements filed by Maryland State Public Officials
- 2015.08.24 Ethics Commission Advisory Opinion (PDF)