The 2023 La Plata Farmers Market season runs April 1 to November 26 (Saturdays) and April 5 to August 30 (Wednesdays).
Applications for the 2023 market season are being accepted for daily (one-day) permits. New vendors seeking to become seasonal vendors must attend market two times on the day they intend to apply for seasonal status prior to applying for a seasonal permit. You can download the Vendor Permit Application Permit (PDF).
For general information about our Market and vendors and to subscribe to email updates, please visit the Market website. You can also find us on Facebook or Instagram for updates and information on all manner of things farm- and food-related.
For over 40 years, the Town of La Plata Farmers Market has brought in vendors from all over Southern Maryland to provide you with high-quality local products.
The market operates from the first Saturday of April through the fourth Saturday (immediately after Thanksgiving), so you can enjoy the freshest seasonal produce throughout the peak growing season and even have it on your Thanksgiving table.
- Where and when is the Farmers Market?
For navigation purposes, use this address:
209 Washington Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
Under normal circumstances, the La Plata Farmers Market seasons runs from the first Saturday of April through the Saturday immediately following Thanksgiving, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The 2023 Season will run April 1 to November 25. When open, the Market is located behind the Charles County Courthouse in the parking lot on the north side of Talbot Street on Wednesdays and in the parking lot on the south side of Talbot Street on Saturdays. Current operating hours are 9 am to 2 pm on both days, weather permitting; this may change with ongoing conditions.
- What is sold at the Market?
The Farmers Market vendors sells a wide variety of goods, from fresh fruits, vegetables, and home-baked goods, to jams, jellies, pickled vegetables, local spirits, and home-made crafts and bath and body products. The market also features food trucks with a variety of ready-to-eat food, drinks, and snacks.
- How can I apply to be a vendor at the Market?
If you are interested in becoming a vendor in the La Plata Farmers Market:
- Do your homework!
- Does your product require permits or licensing?
- Does your process meet Health Department requirements?
- What kind of packaging and labeling is required?
- Just because you can make your product in your home kitchen, it doesn't mean you can sell it to the public. If you have any questions, contact the Charles County Department of Health, Environmental Health Services.
- Read the Market rules thoroughly, especially the parts relevant to your product.
- Does your product meet our Market's product guidelines?
- Can you safely store your product under a tent on a parking lot for an extended period?
- Can you meet the logistical and time commitments?
- Can you conduct your business in compliance with COVID-19 requirements?
- Visit the Market and talk with the Market Manager to see if your product meets the Market guidelines, and if there is availability on the date you'd like to come to market.
- Submit your Vendor Permit application (PDF) at least one week prior to the day you want to attend. You must submit or email it directly to the Market Manager.
- Your Vendor Permit application must be approved by the Market Committee and the Town of La Plata Planning Department
- Once approved, you'll get an email notification from Market Manager.
- Pay fees directly to Market Manager
- Check or money order made out to "Town of La Plata"
- Do your homework!