La Plata License Plate
About This Plate
At their July 25, 2023, meeting, the Town Council tasked Keep La Plata Beautiful with the design of a unique piece of art that reflected the spirit of La Plata and its dedication to environmental sustainability. Local artist Shannon Wang, Chair of Keep La Plata Beautiful's Arts Workgroup, created this graphic showing a purple martin, the official bird of the Town of La Plata, on a field of green representing environmental conservation.
Show your pride in La Plata wherever you drive -- order your custom plates! Download the packet or get printed copies at Town Hall.
- Your vehicle must be registered in the State of Maryland
- Plate numbers are assigned by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
How to Apply
1) Complete the Application
Have your current vehicle registration and insurance information handy to complete the attached form.
To avoid delay, make sure your information is legible, complete and signed by the owner (and co-owner if applicable).
2) Submit the Fee and Application
- Collect the fee: $35.00 per vehicle (This amount includes $25.00 MVA Tag Fee + $10.00 Administrative Fee)
- If applying by mail, please do not send cash. Make your check or money order payable to "Town of La Plata."
- Bring your application to the front desk at Town Hall, 305 Queen Anne St., La Plata MD 20646; or
- Mail the completed application and appropriate fees to:
Town of La Plata
305 Queen Anne St Box 2268
La Plata MD 20646
3) Return your old plates to the MVA!
- Drop them off at your nearest MVA Service Center; or
- Mail them to the Glen Burnie MVA office: 6601 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD 21062. Sending them by certified mail with return receipt requested is recommended.
Note: When you return the license plates, always include your registration card.
MVA Customer Service Center: 1-800-950-1MVA(1682)